Sunday, June 26, 2016

The June 4, 2016 craft show on Canal Street in New Smyrna Beach was a disaster.  After the huge success of May's show it was very disappointing.  Luckily we had the same location as May so unloading and loading was very convenient.  HOWEVER, the weather did not cooperate.  It was sooooo hot.  I think a bit of heatstroke set in.  I had a terrible headache.  We were very uncomfortable and there were NO sales - every one around us was complaining also.  


Daytona Nights on June 17th was not a success either.  This was the first attempt to have vendors at the classic car show.  The weather cooperated (the rain started every day that week between 4 and 5 - not a drop Friday).  HOWEVER, apparently there were numerous other events going on around town that night including at the Band Shell - heard that was packed.  Wish we would have known that!  I had two sales - that 's it.  There was a band next to us and they were awesome.  The name of the band was "The Love Band" (listen below) and when the band was on a break we had a DJ that was playing classic oldies.  The music was the best part of the night!  Also Tim visited - I hadn't seen him in a bit so that was nice.  Thanks for coming Tim.  Support of friends and family means everything.



Yesterday was a craft show at the New Smyrna Beach Classic Car Show.  First trial run having craft vendors - need I say more....  1 sale - another flip flop wreath.  I was by myself for the first time too so that was a challenge and I was very unprepared.  It was from 10-2 so I only had 1 water with me, the first hour was hazy so no problem then other than already being a pile of sweat from setting up.  I still don't have a tent but luckily I found the umbrella for my chair Friday so I had some shade.  I also had definite heatstroke that day!  Super headache, nauseous to the point I didn't think I was going to be able to finish loading my car and sunburned.  Then to top off the great day I got lost on the way home.  Their next show is in October - I'll do that one since it won't be hot.



Next up Christmas in July on Canal Street.  High hopes for that one.  Details will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment